Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Politics... of Friendster

It has come to my attention that a co-worker of mine, who happens to sit right next to me, has deleted me on friendster. We'll call said co-worker "Tom." Tom's straight, grew up in the area, and we have a casual relationship. Shoot the shit from time-to-time at work, pass along humorous emails, chat at the occassional happy hour, but that's about it. One of the guys who held my position prior to my arrival was close with Tom. My predecessor left over a year ago, however, and I had absolutely nothing to do with his departure. Tom remains friendsters with all of the other co-workers left in our work area, so I feel as though it must be an accident.

Call me OCD, but how do you accidentally delete someone on friendster? He has maybe 4 friends, I feel like this is not something easily done. Don't get me wrong, by no means am I distraught over this revelation, but it just strikes me as weird. The only time I've deleted people on friendster were:

1) Purging the ex and all of his friends
2) Someone I only met once who felt he was being "used" on friendster (don't flatter yourself, you're not that cool, and friendster isn't that important!)

Then again, I'm writing an entire post about friendster, so maybe it's more important than I'd like to admit...

No comments: