Thursday, July 28, 2005

Working out and Working IT!

So the Gym, great place to relieve stress on the treadmill, great way to improve the way you look and feel about yourself in a bathing suit in pilates, great way to beef up a little bit with the weights... WONDERFUL way to pick up guys. Both Chip and The Boy got me thinking about the gym as a great way to meet men, not that I haven't utilized this resource before but I've never written down my thoughts about it into a coherent stream.

Being at the gym, you're sweaty, you're working out, you're stretching, it's a wonderful way to show off your best assets and in the process pick up a few numbers. Now my strategy has thus far been two pronged as I like to work my strengths at the gym. I am no muscle queen, I don't have enormous arms, an enormous chest, or a butt that looks like two pigs fighting beneath a thin lycra veneer I am aware of these issues, so my plan of attack has never been a stand around and preen in a kind of "look how jacked I am kind of way" nor has it been a "I'm lifting the weight of a small volvo" kind of way.

As Chip will unanimously support I'm sure, I have the "vulnerable I'm helpless and can't fend for myself thing down to an art form," which by the way is a daunting task given that I am over 6 feet tall... I'm pretty sure it's because I tend to look frail and bat my eyelashes. But I find a very effective way to talk to a gentleman you want to get to know better is to go up to them if they're on a machine that you could theoretically use and ask them if they know how to adjust the seat/arm things/ weight on the machine/ or any of the other doohickeys that are attached... this gives that gentleman a feeling of superiority when in actuality you can do mental cartwheels around the guy. I find this method to be an exteremely effective segue into the "hi my name is Dale what's yours?" routine....

Also part two of my two-pronged attack would be the stretching area. Now also as Chip will support, I was one of those kids that was in gymnastics 5 days a week from the ages of 2-10 and then got too tall so I switched to diving till I graduated from college.... now this is conducive to two things, knowing how to do an abworkout like you wouldn't believe, and being so flexible that gumby would cringe when he sees how you stretch, plus I had a little time in the circus...and NO I don't know any bearded ladies, well except for some drag queens but that's a different story.
Anyways combine some mind boggling stretching with a little flirtatious smile and bat eyes at male target and it's usually a recipe for success :).

So a great way to meet guys at the gym is A)Identify where you most look good and B) Work IT like there's no tomorrow.... you don't know what social personal trainer you might meet....today ;)!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kathryn Is So Over said...

Everyone needs that go-to gym crush!! Sadness.

Thanks for the link, y'all. Smooches!!

DC said...

See that's why I don't wear my oh so cute glasses at the gym.... I can't see the really hot guys and it doesn't intimidate me... plus it makes me have some false sense of confidence because as far as I can tell I'm the hottest piece of a@s in the room.

VP of Dior said...

Well you can't wear your glasses at the gym - no one would be able to see you bat your pretty little lashes!

One pet peeve is guys trying to talk to me while I'm on a piece of cardio equipment. I don't want to be rude but I don't feel like chatting while I'm sweating and my boobs are bouncing up and down. Hmm... now that I think about it perhaps that's why the guys are trying to talk to me in the first place...