Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Mourning Mary

Last night I sauntered over to 14th street with some amigas to enjoy what I knew to be a delicious cheeseburger, a delicious half-priced cheeseburger. As I would hope many of you know, Hamburger Mary's offers half-priced cheeseburgers on Tuesdays.

Upon arriving, the typical crowd was assembled chowing down on over-sized portions. I was befuddled to see more than a few people eating things that were not cheeseburgers, but that didn't stop me. After we were seated, however, I was presented with a tan monstrosity... the menu. "But the Hamburger Mary's menu isn't tan" you say. You are correct. I was looking at a "Dakota Cowgirl" menu. I'm sorry, what? That's right, folks. As of last week, Hamburger Mary's is now Dakota Cowgirl. Fortunately, the menu has stayed almost entirely the same, and "Da Cowgirl" still offers half-priced burgers on Tuesday nights.

We asked our waiter to explain the change, but his mumbling response was incoherent at best. So, today I will be mourning Mary. Despite the fact that this change seems to be nothing more than cosmetic, I will need a period to reflect on and adjust to the death of Mary, before I can fully embrace "Da Cowgirl."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dakota Cowgirl? Wtf? I leave DC and shit falls apart? I never want to return without Hamburger Mary's so.... work on that before I visit, ok?

The Boy said...

It's supposed to rain on Thursday. Contingency plan?

DC said...

ummmm JR's?

Mr. Bartender said...

I do love me a nice cocktail at JRs...

The Boy said...

Okay will say Fox and Hound if it's nice, but if it's rainy or really cold, then JR's at 8:30.

DC said...

done and done... you guys are gonna have to find me as I'm kinda easy to pick out of a crowd.

Anonymous said...

I loved Hamburger Mary's! I am glad they are keeping the menu the same because I love, love, LOVE the Buffy the Vampire Slayer burger. That is the bomb! Uhh..next time you go...call a sista! hee hee

Is this gathering on Thursday only for the 'mos or can breeders come?