Sunday, October 09, 2005

Weekend Roundup...... or regression...fabulous

Ok so this weekend I spent with the 'rents and my kid sister who was home from college, and may I just say that you decidedly CAN go home again.

Saturday was spent at the hell hole that I call Montgomery Mall, I am under the belief that all malls are the work of satan and represent all that is horrible and bad about American society. Grabby classless suburbanites clamoring for the last salmon colored skank tank from Contempo casual all the while congratulating themselves on how fantastic they'll look in their new duds at High School on Monday.

Needless to say my sister and I took our parents credit cards out for a little exercise and I am now fully equipped for the fall season, complete with sweaters of cable knit, mock neck, and V-neck cashmere variety which will only serve as a fantastic accessory to the 20$ button downs that Mr. Crew of J fame was only too happy to supply me.

Saturday night I was the coolest person on the face of the earth, read: after a fantastic dinner with the fam I spent the evening making flash cards for the GRE's and watching pleasantville while gorging on candy my sister brought home from her sorority.... who woke up with fun size snickers wrappers stuck to their face?? It'd be funnier if it was the first time that had happened.........

Sunday I spent the day with my sister being asian.... also known as we went to get bagels for brunch and then spent the day in our sweats studying with intermittent pilates breaks. After a fantastic portuguese dinner provided by family friends I made my way back to the D of C to do some laundry and have a viewing of perhaps one of the greatest movies of all time.

"You're going to wear the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy"

" You participated in a phallus naming?"

"Classes? nothing before 11, Beer? It's your best friend; drink a lot of it, Women? you'll be a freshman so that's out of the question."

"He's finishing his thesis. Pigman is trying to prove the Caine-Hackman theory. No matter what time it is you can find a Gene Hackman or Michael Caine movie playing on tv."

Anyone??? Anyone???

3 comments:

Kathryn Is So Over said...

You beat me to it, Chip! God I love that movie, particularly the flashback to Jeremy Piven and David Spade's days as roommates, from which Piven "awakes," shudders, and says, "what a nightmare!"

Washington Cube said...

Malls will suck your soul out of your body. It's true. :::head nodding:::

Washington Cube said...

P.S.

Washington Cube Was Here. #289