Ok so...... I would like to think of myself as a nice person, I try to bring a level of civility and etiquette to most social situations, this can and sometimes does include people that I at one time dated and have no interest in or people that I never had any interest in.
Now I believe that some people would classify me as too nice bordering on doormat status, this was definitely true with one of my ex's who proceeded to jerk me around for the better part of a year after we broke up. I however don't see the need to be anything less than polite and cordial to people who through no fault of their own, couldn't maintain or begin a relationship with me that went beyond friendship.
As I blogged about before, I had a gentleman caller who I dated for a while, then he stopped calling, a month went by and now he's all about some dale... and judging by his frequent IM's and phone calls he wants him some Dale baaaaaaaaaaaad. Now in all of our interactions at no point have I suggested that I am amenable to this situation but in order to not be outright rude I take on a certain playful naiviete persona where I just kind of bat my eyes and smile....internet style
Gentleman Caller: You always looked so hot in your running shorts
Me: Well aren't you sweet.
Gentleman Caller: I haven't seen you in ages, when are you free?
Me: He he he, I dunno, I'm a very popular boy...... (Then I end the conversation because I have "something to do" read: my goal has been reached therefore I'm done)
The second example is me being a shameless flirt but not putting out for my benefit. So a certain employee at a certain gay establishment in the city has been trying to sleep with me for the past 5 years, yes people that's right, since before I was able to vote, drink, or legally have a cigarette. He's currently still in his 20's so it's not a daddy type situation, but he's not someone with whom I would like to be "social" with on any level other than platonic/ innocent flirtation. As Chip has observed, I will get lewd text messages a couple times a week requesting that I perform various "activities" for him, none of which I have ever done or plan to do btw. However, as an employee at a certain establishment, my interaction with him has saved me countless amounts of money in drinks and cover which otherwise I would have had to spend, and then where would I be???
However, in the first instance I'm having a hard time walking the line between being politely brief and being outright rude..... I didn't seal the deal with you when we were dating, what makes you think it's gonna happen now? Currently I'm weighing the pro's and con's of making yet another enemy in DC.... only time will tell.
Now onto part 2 of my blog..... I've Been Tagged
1. If money were no object, what would you be doing with your life? 2 chicks at the same time..... no really I'd probably be volunteering by day and doing social functions in the evening time
2. Money is just that - an object, so why aren't you doing it? because volunteering doesn't afford me the lifestyle with which I have grown accustomed
3. What's better: horses or cows? Obvy cows, who ever had a satisfying stallion burger?
4. What do you think the secret to happiness is? coming to a place in your life where you don't care what other people think and being secure in the decisions you make.
5. When was the last time you had a dream that you either remember well or did not want to awake from? Can you share a bit?The last vivid dream I remember having involved me riding a float and waving to people like queen elizabeth......
6. When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?I wanted to be a chemist.... yes I'm that dorky
7. Complete this statement: Love is.....Ummm what's love got to do with it?
8. Can you tell a good story? (write one!)bitch please, what do I look like? mother effing goose?
9. Can you remember your last daydream? What was it about? I daydream that I get to go home early
10. If you were to thank someone today, who would you thank?My roommates for finally remembering to take out the trash!