Thursday, April 20, 2006

I'm sorry... we can't fit you in this week.... perhaps in May.

Ok, so.... as I was standing at Juniors the other day I was thinking... mostly because the group of ladies I was with were all (for the most part) with their significant others holding hands, giving little kisses... you know, stuff that makes me want to take out my european carryall and beat them till they bleed type of behavior. I was looking around at the sad state of affairs that was the clientele at Juniors and thought to myself... "hmmm I guess being single aint so bad."

Now I know that some of y'all are either ga ga over your paramours or bemoaning the fact that you currently don't have someone who will fill an apparent void that you have... and if anyone makes a comment about my void being filled I will slap you till my lee press on's fall off. I am a lady.

Anyways I was thinking, you know what, not that I'm not interested in having a "someone special" or in the future maybe settle down, it was great when I had a boyfriend, but where would I find the time?? Between Job, theoretical further education which may or may not develop, job #1 and job #2, spending time with friends, not to mention the copious amounts of "Dale Time" which may or may not involve me sitting around in my pajama bottoms contemplating the merits of whatever situation Valerie Bertinelli or Judith Light have gotten themselves into on their moment of truth movies, I honestly don't have time.

I want (not need) a gentleman caller that will fit into my life, not make it more complicated, and until that happens momma aint gonna settle. Settling is for commoners.

*PS it's unclear if I come across bitter and jaded... hmmmmmm.

*PPS, this also doesn't mean I'm ho'ing it up and down 17th. Read above.... Dale is a lady.

8 comments:

d-town said...

you are not bitter.

you are CERTAINLY a lady.

i do zero extracurriculars outside of my job and i still have limited hours. you are doing two jobs and a team sport! i'd fit a man in there somewhere but he'd have to be just right.

RetroDragon said...

Don't get too zen on me: I don't want to be sitting at the bitter table all by my lonesome.

Carrie Broadshoulders said...

My theory is if you can't be happy without a man, you'll never be able to keep one.

DC said...

Taylor: awww thanks lady! Yeah I have more energy than a hummingbird on speed.... it's a gift

Corny: aint that the truth, open the twist off with a rabbit no less!

Retro: I'm so yoda, but still enough of a lady to have a cocktail with you anytime.

Carrie: you're so wise, you're like a little buddha covered in hair.

Carrie Broadshoulders said...

I'm not sure whether that was a compliment or not. Are you calling me fat?

DC said...

reference to Anchorman Carrie, and no.... I'm just calling you hairy. :) jk kisses!

Carrie Broadshoulders said...

HA! I thought that sounded familiar. Phew.

Shea said...

Loovely post