Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Update

Weekend was good.... I laughed, I cried, I dispensed fashion advice and retail goodness all weekend long in the form of free gifts as SRL just opened. Highlight of the weekend, walking from the metro to Jumanji in the pouring rain wearing a polo and jeans (no coat or umbrella) with a bottle of vodka for my freezer and a bottle of wine for my friends whom I was going over to.... I bit it on 18th St. hardcore, bags go flying, I manage to save the bottle of wine and the shopping bag full of clothes for me from SRL but the vodka was sacrificed.... sad times.

In the competition of DC versus Dale, DC is now up to two, Dale is at zero as not only did I bite it hardcore on saturday but yesterday whilst getting my car inspected for the ultimate sign of DC citizenship, license/plates, I was informed that I needed my brakes changed.... thankfully we have car people in the family, so hopefully I'll be DC through and through by the weekend. We will see how badly the DC DMV effs me over, or more importantly, how bad my drivers license pics turn out to be.... *little known fact* (In all official ID pictures I never smile cuz I think I look goofy, so I end up looking like Osama bin Dale.... who got questioned for half an hour in Brussels?? oh yeah that'd be me).

I'm officially that guy, as I was in home depot and I picked out paint for my new place.... and I picked it on the basis that it was from the Ralph Lauren Polo collection... if anyone ever hears me use antique as a verb I implore you to beat me about the head and face with a bejewelled handbag.

6 comments:

Parker said...

where are your priorities? you make every effort to save the vodka!

DC said...

Parker: usually.... yes. However if you've got several hundred dollars of free clothing in the other hand along with separate alcohol... choices had to be made.

Unknown said...

Don't worry about the Ralph Lauren Collection, I did the same thing a few years back even though the colors I chose were probably available in 5 other varieties. You can't discredit good style.

RetroDragon said...

What other type of handbag would one use to beat up someone other than a bejeweled one? I mean, honestly.

Anonymous said...

A moment of silence please...for the vodka. {bowed head}

JP said...

Honey, you violated the sacred oath of the gurl-scouts by letting spirits hit the ground...and you're afraid of going "antiquing"? Have we been in the meds? This is a path frought with peril...I dare say, please don't spill anymore...every time you...Jesus kills a puffin or something ans probably with a bejewelled purse.

PS. Think of the puffins.