Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekend Roundup.....excess thy name is Dale

Well this weekend found me with a plethora of fun times which evolved into a cyclone of social events, bonding time, and random fun.

I kicked off Friday in true dale style..... with a nap... When I came to I prepared a dinner for myself, Chip, and one of my closest friends and the gorge fest of the weekend was underway. After a full dinner and several sumptious bottles of wine I broke out my iPod and turned on the newest Madonna as the weekend went underway. The funniest part about it was that at some point we decided to break out my kimono and I wish I had pictures of Chip dancing around in a kimono and japanese sandals to Madonna's "hung up".

We made our way to el local gay watering hole, saw Mr. Bartender and after a drink, the full weight of the alcohol had its effect and I had to leave and save any modicum of dignity I had left.

Saturday was a day of rest for me and I spent it cleaning, doing laundry, and watching the wonders that HBO has to offer. Since I've had some random family issues recently, I've been spending more time with my parents and on the phone with my sister, and my father who was in the city to watch a basketball game offered to take me and Chip and A (one of closest friends) out to dinner. District Chophouse is delicious and good times were had by all.

Saturday evening was spent with my favorite girls T+A and members of our kickball team at a house party in AdMo. Fabulous house, fabulous friends, I love hanging out with those people!!! unfortunately chip was resting and doing application stuff so he was unable to attend. Also apparently I talked to contestant #2 at length at some point and he offered to pick me up that night to take me to Nation to meet some popular dance music woman... I declined.

Sunday I had a date with Contestant #1 and so far things look promising. We met at Cafe Montmarte and definitely enjoyed myself at brunch with a bloody mary and my mussels.... yum. On paper he looks great, ivy league undergrad, top 5 law school, well traveled and multi-lingual. Plus he looks like Beck and I have a thing for that type of guy. Afterwards we went to the Sackler Gallery, the Sculpture Garden, and walked all over the city just talking and getting to know each other. The date lasted for 6 hours, :). No kiss at the end but he said he wanted to take me to dinner this week and maybe think about joining him at a social event on friday, and for the first time in a long time I don't feel like glorified arm candy.... it's a good feeling.

Contestant #2 called Sunday evening and asked me out, I think I'll be going out to dinner with him sometime this week but given certain revelations about the social circles in which he moves leads me to believe that he is less than desirable as a candidate. However maybe he'll be able to redeem himself, we shall see.

This week will be a blur of dinners, dates, and social events. God I hope I can make it to christmas without having to take a vacation......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't arm candy typically attractive?

DC said...

and your point anon?

Lucy said...

Candidate #1 sounds like a winner! Yay for great first dates. :)

DC said...

Chip: for serious you were totally Madame Butterfly all up in the piece!!! yeah if you wore a kimono to the movie you'd be a walking hate crime

RC: So far so good, however he has yet to pass the most important test, the 3 rings of fire I like to call Chip, T+A, plus any additional people I feel must approve of this choice.

Dudley: I know I know, the problem is that I always lose sight of the lag time between ingestion and metabolization of alcohol, tough times, at least this time I went home alone though...

Mr. Bartender said...

Awww you boys making me blush. Next time you guys come in you'll sing a song or two yourselves - right??

DC said...

Chip: ew heinous bitch.

Mr. B: Karaoke means tone deaf in japanese, and as chip can verify when I sing country music at the top of my lungs on each of our road trips.... I probably shouldn't subject the general public to such punishment.

Dudley: I know that's right, I'm almost positive we'eve had a hairbrush microphone aretha franklin moment in our day though

Anonymous said...

Good luck with contestant #1, Dale. He sounds fantastic. I hope he continues to surprise and enhance your life.

Have a fantastic week! I hope one of the social events you are planning on going to is our brunch on Sunday. WOuld love to meet you and Chip!

DC said...

Chase: thank you very much, I'm currently entertaining several applicants so only time will tell how they'll each fare. As for brunch I would love to go, I can barely plan my schedule 24 hours in advance not to mention weeks but I'll do my darndest!!