Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday Five.... let the randomness ensue

1). Apparently Lance Bass is gay..... gee.... sure didn't see that one coming. That's almost as suprising as Gay, I mean Clay Aiken being reported to participating in the love that dare not speak its name.

2). At JR's last night a fellow who I hope was inebriated thought it was appropriate to, without introducing himself OR buying me a drink, touch me in one of my no no spots. After I made it abundantly clear that if he continued in this manner he wouldn't be leaving the bar with the same number of appendages he entered it with I got to thinking that in a more casual atmosphere I would have said something to the effect of "please look with your eyes, not with your hands" like dealing with a four year old.

3). Velvet nation is closing its doors after this saturday nights bash. bye bye sketchy bartenders who were plying me with alcohol when I was still in High School. Bye Bye platforms which, unfortunately, after being plyed with alcohol while still in High School I've taken one or two tumbles from and then woke up the next morning with a "why the hell do I have a bruise on my head?" Bye bye sketchy guys giving each other (insert several words here)-jobs in the bathroom, corner, upstairs, and above all in the foam. Your sketchy disco ball will always shine in our memories..... at least till I erase them with vodka. PS... at least nobody was shanked at nation... that's right Chaos, I'm looking at you my little pinata.

4). This will be my last weekend in DC for about 6 weeks.... Rehomo here I come, land of Grotto Pizza, Obies by the Sea, Dolle's, and hundreds of gay men in swimwear that will make you cringe (squarecuts are the work of satan) but at the same time make you feel oh so cute in your AussiBum running shorts over a simple black speedo... PS I've come to a decision and I'm retiring my raggedy ass speedo from when I was a lifeguard... sad times. PPS, since I've been at Rehomo every summer since I was 2 I feel like if I don't go at least once a year something bad will happen.... is that weird?

5). Having the girl that your next door neighbor is boinking introduce herself to you in the elevator and then proceed to tell you that she'll be living with him for the summer when you know for a fact that he's been bringing other ladies over there and they haven't been leaving till the next morning is super awkward. The fact that as soon as you end said convo and put in your handy dandy iPod earphones and start your walk and "Promiscuous" comes on is the perfect topper.... I mayhaps did a little awkward robot dance at the corner of my block when that happened......doo doo dodooo dooo doo.... awkward robot dance yeah....

5 comments:

Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Lance Bass is weird looking. That lame ass gay guy from the Amazing Race can have him.

Kathryn Is So Over said...

LOVE the awkward robot dance...

DC said...

CB: Lance Bass looks a little touched with the downs, I think we can all agree on that point. However, the amazing race guy might be a lame-o but he's wicked hot.

Kathryn: The awkward robot dance is the best!!!

Polt said...

Have fun in Rehomo!

TOS said...

Lance isn't that bad... though he would look a lot better if he we ditch the frosted hairdoo... of course that is precisely why Perez Hilton calls him something like "Frostylocks" oh well...