1) Working late on a Friday is not so bad when you take an hour break to attend happy hour.
2) I don't expect to go to Apex on a Friday night again any time soon. $8 cover? Who are you kidding? I'm usually on there on Thursdays, when I have to remind myself that the only reason the kiddies are talking to me is because they can't buy their own drinks. Whatever happened to fake ID's? I usually am not into guys who are that young, do you think asking for sips of my drink is going to change that? On Fridays, however, I realized the scene is a bit different. Upon arriving, I excused myself to use the restroom. The line was out the door, but these lines are usually pretty quick. Surprisingly, the line at Apex was not very quick. Once I got into the bathroom and could get a view of the traffic by the urinals and stalls, the reason for the slow-moving line became apparent: NO ONE was using the urinals; everyone was waiting for the stalls. Do people really use drugs after college? Did I not get that memo? Whatever happened to reckless abandon in college, doing things you're surprised didn't land you in the hospital or jail and then moving on?
3) Line of the night: A shirtless twink approaches Dale as he and I are upstairs trying to prevent permanent ear damage due to the horrific karaoke performances. The twink says:
"Hey Tokyo, you know where I can find some tina?" I almost threw up from laughing so hard...
4) I am not drinking whiskey for a very long time, that is once I finish the bottle of Crown in my apartment...
5) The morale around my office has been kind of low lately. I'm tempted to to introduce a "snap cup" a la Legally Blonde 2, but that's just a bit too gay, even for me.
6) I'm more excited for next week's Grey's Anatomy than I am the Super Bowl. While you may not be surprised, b/c you probably think that since I'm gay I'm not big into sports, but that is not the case. The fact of the matter is, I really don't care about the Seahawks or the Stillers very much. For sentimal reasons, I am pulling for the Stillers, b/c I'd like to see the Bus win a championship in his hometown before he retires.
7) I want to end this post on something other than sports (let's face facts, no one visits this site to read about sports), so I'll just say that I am really digging the song "Get Confused" by Fischerspooner right now.