Thursday, June 01, 2006

Now that I'm old I'm wise


I'm officially a year older and dammit if I haven't learned a couple of pieces of wisdom. Either because I have great people in my life that bring them to my attention or because as I traverse this path, I learn more and more about how to become a little bit more comfortable in my crown.

I was reminded last week when one of my best friends said, "you know I don't think you realize how many people love you," sometimes when you're in a dark place you forget that you're never alone because there's always someone that cares enough to walk with you. P.S. I'm also reminded of the West Wing anecdote:

There once was a man who found himself in a hole and he couldn't get out.
A priest walks by and said, "I will pray for you," and walked away.
A carepenter walked by and said, "I will go find wood and build you a ladder," and walked away.
A friend came by and immediately jumped in the hole.
The man said "what are you doing?"
The friend replied, "I've been down here before, follow me, I know the way out."

Wearing a shirt that exposes your mid-riff is never ok. for anyone. ever.

Ice-luges and I do not get along. at all.

Working 7 days a week is not a good way to alleviate boredom brought about by saturday during the day with nothing to do, even if you do get to dispense more sass than RuPaul at a drag queen convention.

Sometimes we burn bridges for a reason. Good reasons. and those bridges should stay burned.

Sandals with socks makes the baby jesus cry.

7 comments:

The Boy said...

Happy Birthday Lady!

Polt said...

"Sandals with socks makes the baby jesus cry."

BWAHAHAHHAHAH!!!

Ohmygod, Dale, you crack me up. I can always count on a dale-ism to brighten an otherwise, tedious day.

DC said...

TB: Thanks honey! I'm so grown up!

Polt: he he he he thanks darlin!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! You are indeed very wise. I almost left the house tonight in a mid-riff, sandles and socks. Thank God I stopped by here first.

Anonymous said...

Sandals with socks makes the baby Jesus cry.

That is fucking hysterical! Can I borrow that next time I go to REI... or stage a fashion intervention.

Hateful, Party of One said...

Your bridge burning comment is truly inspiring and appreciated with regards to a couple of bridges I burned yesterday. Thanks

DC said...

S&C: good move lady, glad I could be of assistance

EF: Of course you can use it darlin, the pearls of wisdom are meant for all.

HPOO: I'm such an arsonist when it comes to that crap.