Monday, August 01, 2005

Addendum to 'Weekend Roundup'

1) Thumbs down to focusing on Long Island Iced Teas at events featuring open bars... you ALWAYS do me wrong... (editor's note: This refers to the events of Thursday night, which is not technically the weekend, but I'm including it anyway. Get over it.)

2) Thumbs way, WAY up to Azar Nafisi and all the proud Muslim sisters holding it down in Tehran. "Reading Lolita in Tehran" all weekend? I think so! She is the second coming of Sally Field in "Not Without my Daughter," unlike some people we know, *cough* Nassrin...

3) Thumbs up to people watching in Dupont Circle... apparently the circus is in town! (Dale?) Thumbs down, however, to Sketchy McSketcherson chilling in five differnet seats over the course of 30 minutes trying to get picked up (to NO avail).

3) Thumbs DOWN to Ikea (this needs to be reiterated). Way too much time and energy spent for a mere kitchen table.

4) Thumbs up to hottie Silver Fox in Ikea! At least the trip wasn't completely worthless... "Hey there, wanna get nasty on top of the Sultan Hovsten?"

5) Thumbs down to the vehicular mess on 16th street, but thumbs up to my superb driving skills in *narrowly* avoiding a huge wreck. I still feel more safe than when Dale is behind the wheel...

6) Thumbs up to Kashi crunch and blueberries: Healthy breakfast incorporating a super food? Yes please! D. Lish.

7) Thumbs up to Coldplay, without which no weekend of Chip and Dale would be complete!

8 comments:

DC said...

Thumbs WAY up to super foods, also thumbs way up to guys in the Teets with baseball tshirts on and messy hair, you make me smile in the space where my heart should be.

And whatever, I claim ethnic profiling to my driving capabilities...even though I'm only half, does that mean I'm a bad driver only half the time?

DC Cookie said...

You saw my ex-boyfriend on the bench in Dupont Circle?? Small world ;-)

DC said...

well at least you know how YOU got home.... I'm still wondering if the guy that I danced with/made out with drove me home, some gentleman man paid for a cab for me or did I take the metro and not remember... I really need to stay away from free shots of Soco and Lime

DC said...

OH I totally remember when chip may or may not have given himself a head wound, because days later I was there when his stitches may or may not have been taken out by someone who I may or may not be related to right before we sat down to dinner.... ha ha ha...classy

DC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DC said...

Also, as long as I'm not called a carnie I will stand proudly by my tenure in the circus

Anonymous said...

Life is always better with Coldplay.

DC said...

Thanks for the shout out!!