Thursday, August 25, 2005

Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down: Beach Trip 2k5 Episode III

I am back after 10 days of vacation, and I have a bold declaration to make: I just experienced the most pleasantly relaxing 10 day stretch of my life. I left on the 11th for Bethany / Reho with Dale, spent Sunday night in Philly (where I grew up) and then stayed in Avalon, Jerz, from Monday the 15th til Sunday. What did I do? NOTHING, and it was amazing! Well, that's not entirely accurate (the "nothing" part), but, by and large, I spent my trip passed out on the beach, relaxing on the deck overlooking the bay, catching up with family and friends, or in a good book. Considering everything that's been going on in my life in DC, I couldn't have asked for anything else (okay, maybe a winning lottery ticket, but considering I don't play the lottery, I knew this wasn't going to happen). Sooooo, moving on, I present my "thumbs up / thumbs down: beach trip 2k5 edition." Please excuse me, for I was terrible with taking pictures or writing anything down, so I'm probably forgetting a lot.

1) Thumbs up to the hot waiter (see Dale's previous post) at the restaurant in Bethany, AND to Dale for having multiple rounds of eye sex with said waiter. At one point, Dale excused himself from the meal, saying to me: "I have to use the bathroom." *batting of eye lashes, "I may not be going alone." (Note: he went alone)

2) Thumbs down to the majority of the guys on the beach at Reho last weekend, none too cute, save for another hot silver fox (thumbs way up to him, thumbs unequivocally down to his hein partner)

3) Thumbs down to me. I should've listed this first, but I forgot one bag for my trip. What was in that bag? Oh, nothing important, just my bathing suits, flip flops, beach towel, sunscreen and all of my underwear (don't ask). So, replacing all of those things was just how I wanted to spend my time and money at the start of the trip, but I'm an idiot, so oh well. At least my new bathing suit was on sale!

4) Thumbs up to E. Dale mentioned him in a previous post, but when I saw E. out on Saturday night in Reho, I was utterly flabergasted at the fact that he is one of the prettiest people (man or woman) I have ever met. I am not into the fem look at all, and I wasn't physically attracted to E., but I was hard-pressed to do anything other than stare.

5) Thumbs up to Dale's friend L. for dropping the p***y bomb more times than I could count in the first 2 minutes of our conversation. And I thought I was vulgar! Keep in mind, he was not attractive and the thought or sound of p***Y does not excite me, yet I couldn't help but feel a little turned on...

6) Thumbs down to the guy who tried to "give me a hand" as I peed. FREAK.

7) Thumbs down to the billboard on Route 1 in Delaware that, with the American flag serving as the backdrop, read:

"Vote Republican: Support our Troops!"

While I have significant problems with both of the main political parties in this country, this billboard struck me as overwhelmingly pathetic. Give me a f*cking break!

8) Thumbs up to A Cut Above Deli in PA for proving, yet again, that they serve the best hoagies (aka subs, heroes, grinders, whatever) on Earth. Period.

9) Thumbs up to Freakonomics and Memoirs of a Geisha, the two books I read while on vacation. I strongly suggest the latter, I had a very hard time putting it down.

Editor's note: I started this post on Monday morning, it's now Thursday and there's no way I'm going to add to it, so excuse its incomplete nature.

No comments: