Friday, August 26, 2005

Beaches and Ho's

As I got flaked out on for happy hour last night by unnamed parties, I found myself with a vacum of plans, therefore I decided to hang out with one of my favorite flame dames in the entire world, who suprisingly, also didn't have plans(she's always on the go!). We decided to have a bonding night, the likes of which haven't been seen since we lived together in london and while on holiday in Tenerife were asked by more than one person if we were newleyweds.....yikes. Things that I took from last night:

- Happy hour on the terrace at the Big Hunt, fantastic, and big ups to the double G&T they served in a water glass.

- Digiorno is best complimented by a vintage 2005 Chardonnay of either Carlo Rossi or Sutter Home fame (definitely finished one of the big boy bottles)

-Beaches, having never seen it before, I can honestly say that I am now a little gayer( which in my case will now consist of rainbows shooting directly out of my body).
-Bette Middler: I enjoy her in Beaches, Hocus Pocus, First Wives Club
- Huge HUGE ups for Blossom (Mayim Bialik) for playing young Bette Middler
-Playing "wind beneath my wings" at the end and the torrential downpour that was A's and my faces.

- Having complain session 2k5 with a good friend is a key ingredient in maintaining any type of grip on sanity, bitching about men, jobs, and the malaises of life in general is a necessary part of a well rounded person.

..... now onto the weekend, off to Philly I go to pick up Lezzie the broke down Lesabre with her new battery!!!

OH, I believe I would like to suggest next thursday, Happy hour, Fox and Hound or JR's, judging by the amount of people I think JR's might be an easier sell, anyone in??

7 comments:

The Boy said...

I tend to worry about marching into JR's with a big group of hetros and inexperienced hags.....

DC said...

hmmm ok well Fox and Hound it is, I just don't know how to go about marking the territory... those tables fill up faster than Carnie Wilson at a pie eating contest

DC said...

Yes, I should leave my credit cards at home.... Chip and I went swimsuit shopping after what I entitle our marathon of drunkenness, and ended up with heinous swimwear 3 sizes too small....

Anonymous said...

Friends don't let friends drink and shop.

DCSportsChick said...

I second Bette in Hocus Pocus- I can't help watching that movie every time it's on TV!

DC said...

Oh it's so good, I mean c'mon... Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy, and Bette Middler??? I smell winning combination!!!!!

DC said...

Oh also...one time I got drunk at Saks (they were giving out martinis get off me) and bought a gucci fanny pack a la sarah jessica parker fame..... I'm so ashamed....