Monday, August 29, 2005

Weekend Roundup..... a sojourn into weird-town

Weekend roundup......

After having to get my car in philly this weekend, i was none too happy about the prospect of spending money on a train ticket to a city which I consider to be pretty mediocre at best. However, seeing as how Chip hails from this fair city, and with the promise of 'causing trouble' I was trying to see the bright side of the situation. Post dropping stuff off and meeting up with our friend and her mom, chip and I quietly decide that we are going to go our separate way at some point so I can get the full effect of Gay Philadelphia (note: that consists of 3 bars, one of which is 'members only', now I'm sorry but a members only gay club in philadelphia??? bitch please)

Friends mom has another plan, wine bar. So with our plans up in the air we headed to said wine bar and have a glass of wine, at which point the mother urges chip and I to 'go out and have fun.' However not before spouting out this pearl which made both Chip and my mouths hit the floor.....

"Now if you boys decide to go home with anyone tonight I just want you to check with the other one so that they approve." (I must look really desperate if somebody elses mother is pushing me to get some)

Chip did an excellent job of showing me all that gay philadelphia had to offer, which was apparently a skeezy guy that tried to scam on me *shudder*, a shirtless steroided drug addict who was dancing like an epileptic monkey on crack, and yelled at me when I tried to take his picture on my camera phone to make fun of him later, and a guy who was obviously the doppleganger to Steve on sex and the city....no joke could have been steves brother by another mother.

The car ride home the next day was pretty status quo, and after getting home and showering I passed the EF out for a couple hours till it was time to prepare myself for saturday night craziness which included.... Bar golf (I made it to two out of like 8 holes) and Chip and I and our Friend T thought it would be a good idea to each drink a pint of liquor at dans cafe to establish a "base" for the rest of the night. Went to a stellar house party where the host was wearing a dress shirt and nothing else, think Tom Cruise in risky business except a girl and really hot. Got jerked around by some guy who's sketchy at best and shady at worst and made it home by 3.

Sunday included dinner with the fam and Chip and T and A, and passing out in front of the tv as my laundry was being folded by someone that wasn't me...YAY.

11 comments:

Kathryn Is So Over said...

My very best gay lived in Philly for two years. HATED IT. He's much better off in San Fran. Sorry, Chip. :(

DC said...

1) Baltimore is the Shiznnat (charm city baby!!!)

2) that was a big oversight on my part, chip is the poo so take a big whiff, plus major props for driving me home in my own car saturday!!

3)My mistake about the number of bars, and I think anyone in the same room as the epileptic monkey could be termed 'too close' that man was a hot mess.

4) He was from NJ? I just remember him introducing himself and then going for an open mouth kiss in like the space of 1.5minutes... yikes, and discusted is more the term I'd use.

5)whatever it was an easy recipe from the barefoot contessa, plus Chip brought over a delicious bottle of wine...which I needed a big glass of when he and T and A found my highschool yearbooks and I was forced to relive awkward childhood memories (I had a bowlcut and braces at the same time..... yikes-o-rama)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the blog but this is a soo typical gay DC reaction to Philadelphia - a real city with real people who have families and real jobs. No, the "gay" bars and clubs in Philly are not as great as they are here in DC. There are places where you can have a great time and a ton of bars with a mixed gay-straight crowd that are better than anything you can find here in DC. Please give it another chance and don't be so negative about it.

DC said...

Sorry if I came across as uber super negative, philly was definitely cutesy, albeit not what I'm used to.. and Chip and I are planning roadtrip Cheesesteak style 2k5 coming soon!

DC said...

And the reason Chip can't walk out of his building without tripping over some sassy bitch is because he lives at the corner of Gay and Homo....

The Boy said...

I can't even begin to tell you how the mo's in the U St. area are the rudest. The guys in the house across the street, have not been able to be bothered to return our hellos in the last two years. They kind of remind me of the ambiguously gay duo. And their house looks like a barracks. One of them is always looking out the window spying on us, and we refer to him as Mrs. Cratchet.

And there is another couple of ladies that live around the corner and they let their gross little dog sh*t in our garden. Which doesn't bother me so much as the butch one's man-hating personality.

Everyone else on the vicinity is pretty cool.....even the people with the ...ugh....children.

DC Cookie said...

I dunno - Willy from the Real World seemed to enjoy himself in Philly...

DC said...

Thankfully the Mo's in my neighborhood bordering Cap. Hill (SW) are old old gay couples that are just about the sweetest, except for the one a couple houses over that stares at me in a very disconcerting way when I go running.

And Willy did seem to enjoy himself a lot, chip edified me on the clubs frequented by Willy of Real World and Ghostewriter fame, I was in kind of a funk anyways friday night and very critical of my surroundings...I know shocking huh?

The Boy said...

Oh yeah, there was this guy and a girl who lived a house down for about two months.....after a girl named 'Cricket' left....but that's another story.

Anyway, he was coming and going and guys were in and out of this house at all hours. I always joked that he was running a sex club. Which I totally don't care about (who am I to judge?) except that this guy was really loud and would scream when he was coming home. OH yeah, and this guy with Arkansas lisence plats would sit in front our houses for hours with his laptop in his jeep, and then go into that house. So that kind of weirded me out too.

DC said...

Logan circle has older gay couples? I figured it was a younger scene as the mo's get pushed out of D.circle by the baby pushers...

Blue moon is definitely fun, I actually enjoyed aqua more just because of the open air quality, plus I'm a sucker for bad lawn decore

DC said...

see I'm ok with the topless ta ta's au naturale, as one of my best friends will attest to as I spent an entire week with her in the Canary islands and we entitlted that trip "tits up tenerife" because I think she had her shirt on for the better part of 20minutes the entire time....... am I really gay???