Thursday, August 18, 2005

Kickball....kicking it's way into your heart!

D.C. Kickball.... consists of many different leagues, lot's of different teams, hundereds of players, who have several things in common:

1) Their love for an inane playground sport that has plays like 'pitchers poison' and was home when I last played it to such arguments that consisted of

A: He's out
B: Nuh uh!
C: UH HUH!
D: NUH UH! You're a doodie head..... and so on and so forth in that manner

*judging by the crowd not much has changed*

2)Their love for imbibing beer, I mean who doesn't like beer?

3) Their boisterous nature which leads them to be obnoxious, publicly drunk, and loud as they sing their fight songs all the way to AdMo and back.

4) Their enjoyment of such handed down collegiate activities as flip cup and keg stands... having only done one keg stand I can't definitively vouch for their fun level but flip cup....c'mon.... it's fun and lets one work on their fine motor functions!

5) Their, in the spirit of team pride, wearing of bright colored Sweatbands, arm bands, bandanas, and soccer socks that come up to the mid thigh.... now that's just hot.

I definitely used to make fun of such people, back when I found their antics to be an annoying addition to the AdMo/DC scene, and after tireless efforts by my friends (Chip + TT) I have been worn down and as of last night..... I..... Dale..... have become a member of a kickball team (Chip+TT's) and attended my first happy hour in that respect.... WOO HOO TO DAY GLOW TEAM UNIFORMS AND DRINKING UNTIL I THINK THAT I LOOK CUTE IN THEM!!!!

2 comments:

JP said...

Finally, those nine years of modern dance and three years of tap weren't in vain! I hope you'll utilize those fan kicks. I wonder if they have this sort of thing in Houston...Good luck to you.

DC said...

THANKS!! yeah I'll need the luck to not look like a rockette when I'm up to hit. I think my flipcup skills will need the most work however........