Monday, August 01, 2005

Weekend Roundup

This weekend was the usual whirlwind of adventure and mishaps.... but everyone came out of it ok and nobody lost an eye....at least to my knoweledge as of yet. Some highlights/random thoughts include

1)Thumbs up on cocktails 2 for 1 at Halo. Thumbs down to the clientele who were wearing an indordinate number of white jeans. I'm sorry this is not Twisted Sister and you are not Dee Snyder, please refrain from use of the white jeans. (This also refers to the acid washed and black variety as well).

2) Thumbs towards the side to AdMo on a friday night, good thing much alcohol was had before going there otherwise I would have had to kick some sorostitute with my nice shoes. Drinks, good and cheap and Falafel at 3 in the morning while drunk is the most fantastic creation on the planet. Also afterwards unlike the Jumbo Slice, I don't feel like I need to have a Mary Kate Moment.

3) Starting Saturday off with bloody marys and steak, segueing into champagne and the movie "friday" and finishing off the day with various wine and margaritas and sushi = glorious glorious day.

4) Being at cobalt on saturday night, having your friend say "oh that guys kind of cute" and you then promptly going up to him, inform him that you two are now dancing and proceed to do things that scare the other club patrons? I'm gonna go ahead and thumbs up/green light that one..... a little scandalous behavior never hurt anyone.

5) Getting bored with cute dance guy and then exiting the club.... somehow making it home without spending any money, I don't think I took the metro but I haven't ruled it out yet, and waking up in your own bed alone, with all your money and your ID/ credit card? Priceless beyond belief, I would have high fived myself but the room was spinning and I had to pull the foot on the floor hand on the wall routine so I wouldn't fall off.

6) Brunch with friends and family of friends? Thumbs up to that, brunch is my new favorite. It's tots salt n' pepa to my existence at this moment in time.

7) Ikea trip from hell? Thumbs unequivocally down, the crowd consisted of gay couples, mullet having rednecks, and people so fresh off the boat they still had barnacles attached! Thankfully Chip and I entertained ourselves by being huge bitches about anyone in a five foot radius.

8) Cafe Asia for dinner? I'm gonna go ahead and say thumbs up, I probably would have appreciated it more had I not been shoving food/booze in my face for the previous 48 hours, but yummy nonetheless.

9) Crowning moment of the week was seeing this hot mess outside of Harris Teeters on SUNDAY.....


Yes friends, that would be a woman in a white dress with a teal and green wig on, chilling out in the Harris Teeter Parking lot. Now the woman in question was also over 6 feet tall with heels. I was so confused because A) I didn't think Cirque de Soleil was in town B) Carnivale is totally over and C) She didn't look drunk or high. I guess she was a walking homage to Ms. Lil Kim who is unable to wear teal and green wigs due to her unfortunate incarceration. So this weekend will go down as a success. I WAS going to have a Betty Ford week but it's unclear as to whether or not that's going to happen.....

3 comments:

DC said...

Oh fo sho.... looks like I left my bitch pills at your place after we put together the ikea goodness, damn it all... maybe I'll just stick to clear alcohols....

VP of Dior said...

I really wish people would just stick to a natural or dark rinse denim. White denim is a crime against humanity....oh the lime-anity..

DC said...

such a crime, I actually saw a guy wearing a white canadian tuxedo (white jeans and a white jean jacket) at halo on friday night....so sad...so very very sad