Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down

1) Thumbs DOWN to square cut bathing suits. Dale and I saw far too many of these tragic pieces while at Rehomo. They do not flatter ANYONE's body. What's worse, many of the people who wear them don't have the body to pull off a speedo at all, but they think they can get away with the square cut. WRONG. Get over the fact that you want to wear something tight and realize that you DO NOT LOOK CUTE!

2) Thumbs UP to hot lifeguards. Talented, useful and beautiful!

3) Thumbs DOWN to parking meters and parking permits. Dale and I (read: Dale) had to trek to Tajikistan to keep pumping quarters in our meter. I'm here for the beach, not the former Soviet Union...

4) Thumbs UP to Banana Republic's friends and family days! 30% all items? I think so! Another thumbs UP to outlet shopping. 30% off on some items that are already marked 50% off? Yes, please! The selection is not as great as the regular store, but Banana is pretty bland as it is, and Polo really doesn't change much at all (for which, we are grateful).

5) Thumbs DOWN to Beach Mix Vol. 1. Unfortunately, I must take credit (the blame) for this mishap. I was overzealous in the planning of Beach Mix and incorporated some songs that should definitely been left off (ie Wham)

6) Thumbs UP to Grotto's pizza! Although it is not the best pizza I've ever had, it was most certainly D. Lish.

7) Thumbs DOWN to bad weather. After passing out immediately on our towels on Sunday, Dale and I were rudely awoken by thunder, lightening and the realization that we had to leave. This change in plans resulted in a 90 minute drive from Bethany to Rehoboth (it normally takes about 15 - 20 minutes). Being the great friend that I am, I fell asleep in the passenger seat as Dale had to deal with the traffic.

8) Thumbs UP to the guy handing out the sex survey on Reho on Saturday. Listening to all those queens answer the questions was hilarious! For example:

A: " 'These next questions refer to sex when you're a top.' Who are they kidding, SKIP THIS SECTION!!!"
B: "Amen!"

9) Thumbs DOWN to getting schlockered on Mondays. Fun while you do it, but misery on a Tuesday morning is the last thing anyone needs...

10) Thumbs UP to Amsterdam Falafel. Drunk or sober, it is always delightful!

18 comments:

DC said...

Thumbs DOWN to traffic going to the outlets.... I'm sorry an hour and a half car ride with what should have taken 15 minutes tops?? although chip doesn't remember cuz that fool was sleeping the entire way.... ha ha ha

Kathryn Is So Over said...

How are the square cut suits different from Aussiebum? I mean, I am NOT for square cut... particularly on those with less than desirable bodies... but I suppose those Aussie water polo players can wear whatever they want.

DC said...

oh I just bought "rugby shorts" from Aussie bum... I rock out the plain black speedo as actual swimwear. but some of the Aussiebum stuff is definitely squarecuts...which are tots NOT ok.

Kathryn Is So Over said...

V. nice. I think this should be your outfit for Thursday night.

DC said...

Funny enough I've definitely worn them (booty shorts) to a birthday party before (Chip's bday in fact).....yeah I ended up pole dancing (I think I gave a tutorial as well)..... oh demon alcohol, how I hate/love thee...

Kathryn Is So Over said...

Funny you mention pole dancing...

DC said...

that's talent!!!

Yeah imagine that picture but booty shorts and a bunch of Chips friends looking at me like I had 8 eyeballs on my elbow and that's what that night boiled down to. I think I gave one of our friends (girl) what was described as the most platonic lapdance ever... I think I started and then proceeded to just chat with our friend while I was straddling her... yeah I'm Klassy with a K.

DC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
VP of Dior said...

The breakfast sandwiches at Starbucks are fantabulous. The picture looked tasty, so I was leery if it might be that good in reality. But it was!

Dop T said...

THUMBS UP to your blog. I am a big fan.

Anonymous said...

You guys never cease to amaze me!
Can't wait to meet you on Thursday.

DC Cookie said...

What the heck is up with this blog-spam??? THUMBS SO FAR DOWN THEY WON'T SEE THE SUNSHINE!!!

DC said...

Well on one side I'm flattered that chip and I garner this type of attention.... on the other hand, thumbs so far up their butts that they smell poo till the next republicans in office.... yikes I did political....

DC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DC said...

Thanks for all the great comments! I can't speak for Chip "even though I'm 99% sure of his answer" but I won't be able to make happy hour on thursday, were leaving for beach summer 2k5 episode 2 pretty much right from work. However the following week I'll be around and adequately tanned so if anyone would like to grab a drink some night I'd definitely be up for it!!!

JP said...

Hey there, just wanted to say. BIG ups to your blog. It’s refreshing to find an articulate and yet soulful voice that clearly expresses the important issues of today’s gay man. Not since the days of Margaret Cho before she got skinny and then heavy and then skinny again, have we had a voice that would “keep it real” and let the world know the pitfalls of “letting yourself go” and then have the gall to “let it all hang out” with this fashion joke called the box cut swim suit. I’m sure you feel me on this one.
Anyway, lovin the blog down in Houston.

DC said...

Why thank you so much on behalf of both of us! and yes I believe that the square cut speedo swimsuit is a ploy put on by the subversive heterosexual culture to turn even the most well groomed gay man into a boxy awkward mess!!